On Tuesday, I introduce summary and characteristic about the prefecture.
Today, I introduce “IWATE”.
IWATE locates Tohoku region, and it is the 2nd biggest prefecture in Japan.
In the fishery, IWATE is famous of aquaculture seaweed and abalones.
And Kenji Miyazawa; known as author of “Night On The Milky Way” was born in Hanamaki city, IWATE. And there is his memorial hall in Hanamaki city.
You can go to Morioka by “Tohoku-Shinkansen”. It takes time about 2hours from Tokyo station.[ Information ] 1) Region: Tohoku
2) Acreage: 15, 275.01km²
3) Population: about 1, 259, 000 people
4) Prefectural government: Morioka city
5) Major cities (without prefectural government): Hanamaki city, Kamaishi city
6) Prefecture’s flower: Paulownia
7) Prefecture’s bird: Japanese pheasant
Tomorrow, I introduce specially products and famous place and more that is useful for your sightseeing in Japan.
Don’t miss it!