Today’s Japanese food is “Menchi-katsu”.
“Menchi-katsu” is a breaded and deep-fried ground meat cutlet. It is a kind of “yosyoku” which refers to a style of Western-influenced cooking.
The meat is usually ground beef or pork.
How to cook:
1) The ground meat is mixed with chopped onion, salt, and pepper, and made into patties.
2) Flour is applied on both sides of these patties. They are coated with beaten eggs, and further coated with bread crumbs called “panko”.
3) It is deep fried until golden brown.
4) It is put with the sliced cabbage.
5) You eat it with Japanese Worcestershire sauce or tonkatsu sauce.
Generally, “Menchi-katsu” is called “Menchi” for short. We can eat “Menchi-katsu” at the restaurant. You may buy it at pork shop, supermarkets or convenience stores.